• We need to continue the mitigation strategies that were put in place last year, including masking. We also need to support vaccinations for teachers, staff, and students. A higher vaccination rate will keep our students in school and avoid future disruptions.
• Any future decision around COVID-19 should prioritize the safety and well being of those who are vulnerable while doing all that we can to support safe in-person learning.
• More info HERE
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusivity
• Our students are growing up during a time of significant change and upheaval, and now more than ever we need our educators and school leaders to help our students think about these issues and events while also talking about diversity, equity, and inclusivity.
• I believe that equity, diversity, and inclusivity must be central to any and all future conversations – including how 197 responds to the impact of COVID-19.
• I supported the 2018 bond referendum and I support the current levy renewal. Supporting investments like these is a way of saying that our students (and educators) are our priority.
• When we invest in our students, school, and teachers – we invest in the future of our community, state, and country.
• When I worked at the Children’s Defense Fund, the adage was “Show us your budget, and you'll show us your priorities.” I still agree - and will fight for the resources and supports our students need and deserve.
©2021 Vaupel for ISD 197 School Board Committee, All Rights Reserved
Prepared and paid for by the Vaupel for ISD 197 School Board Committee
PO Box 50686
Mendota, MN 55150